Tuesday, July 26, 2011

WHY THE PALM BEACH POST SUCKS.


Have you been solicited to subscribe to your local newspaper? Do they call at the most inconvient times even though you are listed in the “no call” registry? Recently, I have! But that’s not the only reason that the Palm Beach Post sucks.

When the calls started, initially, I would tell the newspaper telemarketers “no thanks, I’m on the no call list” then hang up. My rudeness progressed. “Remove me from your freaking list before I report you!” I barked.
A couple days later, while anticipating an important call, the phone rang sending me scrambling off the toilet. Again the Palm Beach Post!
My response,
“ I wouldn't use your newspaper for toilet paper! The Palm Beach Post Sucks!” my loutish retort was met with, stunned silence on both ends of the line. “Did I just say that?” I contemplated.
Finally, breaking the uncomfortable silence.
“Why do you feel that way, sir?” she asked.
“Read the editorial page… ahh .. that’s why!” Humiliated, I slammed down the phone and scurried away to finish my business.

Now feeling guilty about my inappropriate behavior, especially after realizing those poor people were calling my new phone number which was not on the “no call list”, I have decided to start a blog hoping to address that poor woman’s question accurately; why I feel this way.
I plan on exposing the leftist slant, which permeates the Palm Beach Post. I hope that the offended telemarketers might read my blog, and thus understand the roots of my frustration. It’s not them, it’s the elite left that rule the Palm Beach Post.

This Is Why The Palm Beach Post Sucks!

Who was it that said something to the effect that “the role of the media is to comfort the powerless and to make the powerful uncomfortable”? I know that wasn’t even close to the actual quote, and who stated it is not important.
Many of the most powerful organizations and people in the world, sometimes dictators, tyrants, corrupt politicians and governments, are lauded by the media elite while many of the powerless are treated with utter contempt. The modern day media consists of a bunch of over privileged, mostly white, elitists; almost homogeneous in political bias, that use class warfare and conflict to manipulate, control and pit various groups of society against one another. They, the elitists catalog individual citizens placing them into groups as defined by their own structured and institutionalized prejudices. Groups that agree with the media elites receive approval and those that oppose are treated with disdain and ridicule with out regard to fairness or facts. Reporting truthfully and bringing about any true social justice is now obsolete in today’s modern media.
In future postings, examples of such behavior will be brought to light on this blog. A study of The Palm Beach Post will supply ample examples of left wing bias.

So in the mean time, does your news paper annoy you?

No comments:

Post a Comment